TNO is the Dutch organization for applied scientific research. Since 1932, our task has been to provide the right answers and ask the right questions. This is how we work for well-being and prosperity, for today and tomorrow. By combining disciplines and domains, we can handle the most complex questions, on the way to a better life and a brighter future. Over 3400 professionals work on our mission every day and implement it through our strategy. TNO connects people and knowledge to create innovations, this way we strengthen the competitiveness of companies and the well-being of society in a sustainable way.
We work with national and international partners to make the (chemical) industry more sustainable. We work on groundbreaking technologies such as:
- Power2Heat: conversion of electricity into heat
- Power2Hydrogen: production of hydrogen via innovative electrolysers
- Power2Fuels: conversion of sustainable hydrogen into fuels
- Power2Chemicals: indirect thermochemical and direct electrochemical conversion of water, CO2 and nitrogen using electricity into chemicals
- Photons2Chemicals: direct photochemical conversion of hydrogen/water and CO2 to chemicals and fuels using sunlight as the energy source
- Solar2Hydrogen: production of green hydrogen via photo(electro)chemical processes.
We are also investigating the economic feasibility of these solutions. Furthermore we are involved in major projects in the field of sustainable mobility and logistics.